Beth's Reviews > The Love Goddess' Cooking School

The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate

Oct 26, 10

bookshelves: arcs, read-in-2010
Read from October 24 to 26, 2010

This was my first taste of reading a book by Melissa Senate. I have to say she has the recipe for a great, feel good story down to a tee! From page one this book had me! The book starts off with Holly making sa cordula otherwise known as lamb intestines to her boyfriend of two years. If he doesn't like it, it means he is not the love of her life according to her grandmother. Of course he hates it and Holly goes home to Maine to be with her grandmother. When her grandmother passes, Holly takes over her business teaching Italian cooking. One problem..Holly can't cook. Holly soon learns that there is more to cooking than following a recipe. She learns more about her grandmother through her grandmother's diaries. Holly's students each have their own story also. I like when secondary characters are given a side storyline. It gives them a life, I think. Makes them a bit more real. I became involved in their stories as well as Holly's. I loved Holly and her grandmother. They had a very special relationship and it was heartwarming to read about. Will Holly be able to keep her grandmother's business going? Will she ever find a man who likes sa cordula? Melissa Senate even included some recipes from the class in the back of the book which I hope to soon try out. If you read this book you will want to try them out too. I was wishing I could reach into the book during the cooking classes and sample the recipes myself except of course for the sa cordula. This book is one that will leave you feeling good and fulfilled at the end. I absolutely adored this book! If you like a warm, charming story than this is the book for you. It is as comforting as the food that was made in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Love Goddess' Cooking School.