Davey18's Reviews > Emperor: The Gates of Rome

Emperor by Conn Iggulden

4431944
Oct 18, 10

Wow! Five stars indeed. My wife (the poor beguiled Mrs Davey) had pointed this book out to me in the local library several times and i had shrugged it off. I was not interested in a book about Julias Cesar which was probably full of names i would have to think about and battles i would never of heard of, turns out she was right though.

Over the series it became an epic piece of storytelling. I read the first and within the week i had finished the series. Mr Iggulden has created A veritable feast of entertaining, informative writing, containing chareters you can feel close to and with whom you can grow and share experiences both good and bad. As for "is it Historically correct?," I'm not really bothered. If mastermind call i will not choose the life and times of Julias ceser on the basis of reading these books. If the National Lottery call however, I will be choosing a holiday destination with a quiet beach and books of this caliber in mind. Story telling at it's absoloute best. Thankyou Mr Iggulden.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emperor.