♥Xeni♥'s Reviews > Mairelon the Magician

Mairelon the Magician by Patricia C. Wrede

Oct 20, 10

bookshelves: author-patricia-c-wrede, ebook, fantasy, magic, revealed-paranormal-world
Read from October 17 to 19, 2010

I read this book on a lark, hoping to finish all I can by this child-hood favorite author. And then I was happily surprised to see some of my favorite plot elements mixed together: street thieves, London in the olden days (no specific dates given, but before industry), street magicians, real occult magic, a gypsy wagon and then a mystery tossed in for fun.

I do wish that there had been more of Kim's former life as a street thief included here, as well as more illusion magic but the rest of the book made up for the lack.

I was happy that I didn't figure out the Whodunit before the book came to the conclusion, since that always bugs me.

I loved all the comedy and humor found within the book as well. I didn't like how fast it ended, but I suppose thats your YA aspect of it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mairelon the Magician.

10/18/2010 page 25
26.0% "This is turning out to be a great story... although a bit too short/fast paced for my tastes. Still, magicians and illusions are fun."
show 1 hidden update…