Maria's Reviews > The Body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: e-book, ya, 2011-favorites
Read from July 19 to 20, 2011

I highly recommend The Body Finder.

*****
She didn’t entirely understand the sense of loss she felt about something that she’d never really had in the first place.

INTENSE.

Who would’ve have thought that i will find a YA book with serial killings as the main plot?!! I’m a big fan of Dexter and Criminal Minds so it wouldn’t be a surprise if i loved The Body Finder. Not only did i thoroughly enjoyed it, i was stunned by the quality of the story. It was built solidly so yeah, i am now a fan of Kimberly Derting. :)

Violet is the kind of girl who doesn’t let her ability locating dead people to cripple her life. And she felt responsible in a sense that she put her gift into good use. With just the right amount of teenage defiance, Derting delivers a heroine worth rooting for against a menacing serial killer.

I found Jay’s description a little vague ( i don’t know the color of his eyes; is his hair brown or black?) but that doesn’t mean i did not became his groupie! His carefree and light character almost made up the lack of physical description (c’mon, how can i gush over someone that vague?). There’s something about Jay that makes me smile and swoon over him just like Violet does. *blushes* His overprotectiveness irked me at times, but I can’t blame him – a serial killer is on the loose kidnapping teenage girls!

Derting tackled the issue of serial killing with such finess that I thought i was reading a Lisa Gardner or Julie Garwood book. The steamy scenes she concocted has just the right touch that I get lost in the emotions (just like Violet) but not totally forgetting the dangerous time I am in (err, I mean Violet’s dangerous time). and ooh, how i revel on those moments! Jay, gosh, don’t do this to me! The teen romance Derting cooked up did not overshadowed the suspense part of the story and that made me really happy.

The Body Finder is one heck of a mystery ride. Do you like catching serial killers? Then, you’ll definitely love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.

07/19/2011 page 142
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ] I really planning to read this book long time ago but reading the other reviews of my friends makes me back off. hehe

Maria do you like murder/crime stories? if yes, i think you'll like this. if not, well better delay the reading :) this is not your typical YA Paranormal, that's for sure.

Gabby i really like Jay and violet's love team.. haha! it's about time best friends becomes lovers. LOL >:)

Maria i really like the twist on how they crossed from friends to lovers. Jay is arrogant! :)