Jason Kittredge's Reviews > Under a Velvet Cloak

M_50x66
Nov 06, 10

bookshelves: to-read
Read in November, 2010

I wasn't expecting much of this. Though I'd enjoyed the Incarnations of Immortality series immensely years ago, it seemed to me that the series was completed with the 7th book ("And Eternity..." The Incarnation of Good)

It was actually a lot better than I expected. It did reference events in the other novels quite frequently, and did a a pretty good job of tying the whole series together. Apparently Piers Anthony a wrote this after polling some of his fans who were interested in reading such a novel.

I'm fascinated at how the fan base actually had done a lot of the research needed for the novel (some fans had created a really detailed timeline of the series events, which made writing this novel a lot easier)

The pattern for this book followed a similar, though not identical, storyline as the others in the series. Unlike the others, the main character here was seeking the power of becoming an incarnation. (Unlike most of the other novels where the role is kind of thrust upon them)

Overall, I'm glad I took the time to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under a Velvet Cloak.