Sarah Sammis's Reviews > The Adventures of Tittletom

The Adventures of Tittletom by Ellis Credle

Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: borrowed, read-in-2010
Read on October 17, 2010

While I was searching through the Link+ site for books off my wishlist I was inspired to try again to find a book Ian remembered reading as a child during his year in England. With that in mind The Adventures of Tittletom by Ellis Credle from the description posted on worldcat.org looked like it could be Ian's book.

Ian described the book as being about a boy who had misadventures and an attitude that was "such." He lived in a rural place and put rice in a boot at a wedding. As it turns out, The Adventures of Tittletom wasn't the book I was looking for. It was however, the last book I checked out that wasn't the right book. I found the right book on Google Books but I'll save that story for another post after I finish reading it.

The Adventures of Tittletom is a funny chapter book about a boy with more names than I care to count but everyone calls him Tittletom. He's the only boy in a family of sisters.

Each chapter is a different adventure. There's a story about a goldfish who gets loose and has to be tracked down. There's another one about a goat who only likes children.The last couple are about a skunk and a trip into town that doesn't go as planned.

The chapters are episodic and filled with adorable illustrations. The whole thing can be read in about half an hour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Tittletom.