Yvonne Nicolas's Reviews > Vampire Hunter D Volume 03: Demon Deathchase

Vampire Hunter D Volume 03 by Hideyuki Kikuchi

Jan 31, 11

Read from October 17, 2010 to January 31, 2011

Great read!! Mr. Kikuchi most certainly did not disappoint.
I am a big fan of the movie Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, which was inspired by this book. Although the plots somewhat differ from one another, they both held me in suspense. I immediately became attached to the heroine of the tale Leila Marcus, the sister of the infamous Marcus clan. Believe me when I say, this chick had it rough. Being the only female in the clan, she suffered emotionally, from lost relationships, and physically by the hands and manly needs of her brothers. Of course when she crosses the path of the beautiful Vampire Hunter D, who was hired to seize the same target as the Marcus clan, she falls for him big-time and gives into the urge to protect him, just as he protects her. As usual, D is cool and unmoved, but it becomes very clear throughout the story that he has a certain fascination with Leila. But don't get it twisted, this is not a romance tale.
The horror aspect of the tale made it all the enjoyable. God, I can’t help but love Kikuchi’s wild imagination!
There are scenes in the story that are greatly drawn out, but this happens to be a unique writing style of Kikuchi’s that I happen to enjoy. It just pulls me deeper into the scene. There’s some serious head-hopping, which is a little jarring if you’re not used to it. However, the story is so intriguing that the head hopping is easy to overlook.
Fabulous job Mr. Kikuchi. I can’t wait to read the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Hunter D Volume 03.

10/17/2010 page 18
8.0% "So far, so good. I've actully seen the movie to the is book and it was excellent."
11/02/2010 page 55
26.0% "Loving it so far! Of course they left a lot of good parts out in the movie."
11/18/2010 page 78
36.0% "If Leila passes out one more time..."
12/01/2010 page 96
45.0% "The Barbarois!"
01/19/2011 page 136
63.0% "In the beginning, I like Leila's brothers, but now I wouldn't mind if they died."
show 4 hidden updates…