Rosey's Reviews > Envy

Envy by Anna Godbersen

Oct 18, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, young-adult
Read from October 17 to 18, 2010

One of my biggest pet peeves is when the star-crossed lovers have all these obstacles in their way that would be solved if THEY WOULD JUST TALK. I hate the whole "Oh he's acting differently than I thought. I'll make some dramatic conclusion and act on that without confronting him or waiting for an explanation. The consequences will be permanent and disastrous, but no need to stop and think about it. Here we go!"

Ugh. And what the hell, the exciting part about the last book was the promise that Elizabeth and Diana were going to work together to get Henry. Instead, we get moping opposite-of-independent Diana and weak knocked-up Elizabeth, who barely interact the entire book. They were so boring. And of course Mr. Cairns is up to no good, this series is way too predictable for him to NOT have ulterior motives. If he dies and Elizabeth gets married a third time to Teddy, I'll scream in frustration.

I'm reading the last book just to finish the series, and holding out a tiny hope that I'll be back to liking the characters. (Although not Lina. I can't stand her whiny ungrateful little self. I'd actually like her if she'd be all mean and ruthless like Penelope.)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Envy.