Katie - The Literary Files's Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Oct 31, 10

bookshelves: reviews, favorites
Read from October 26 to 30, 2010

picked up City of Bones last week and made it my goal to finish this series before I started reading any other book. I'm very happy I stuck with it! I was disappointed with Jace and Clary being siblings that I almost quit the reading the books. In City of Glass there relationship is intense! This installment has tons of up and downs between these two characters, which was by far my favorite part in the book.

Jace was raw and vulnerable, yet still brave. I loved the dynamic his personality brought to the story, he's definitely my male favorite character. Isabelle was in A lot of what happened in City of Glass was the progress of all of the characters' relationships and discovering Valentine's secrets.

I had quite a bit of trouble getting into the writing this time. It was about a chapter before book two until I was finally to the point where I really wanted to find out what was going to happen. There's a lot of description making it easy to picture the beautiful city. Although sometimes it is a little much.

The ending was pretty great. Everything was tied up perfectly, although I found one part quite predictable. I'm curious to see how this story will continue on for two more books. What kept me reading was Jace and Clary's relationship along with all of the laugh out loud funny comments! I love the characters' sarcastic and witty sense of humor.

Awesome Quote:
"Patience, grasshopper," said Maia. "Good things come to those who wait."
I always thought that was 'Good things come to those who do the wave,'" said Simon. "No wonder I've been so confused all my life."

Characters: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Voice: 3/5
Plot: 4/5
Impact: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

If you haven't picked up the third installment of The Mortal Instuments you definitely should! It was a funny, adventurous and fast pace read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.