Mike's Reviews > The Warrior Heir

The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

2201886
Oct 17, 10

Read in October, 2010

I mostly enjoyed this book and would probably have understood it better (see below) if I had known it was the first of several. Since I tend to "just read" when I pick up a book I am often not aware if it is part of a series until the end (unless there is a big blurb on the cover saying so :-)) This book is a case in point.

Since the cover did not allude to a series with this book, I found some of the details of the "world" and its interplay of "forces" and characters to be extraordinarily deep for a standalone, one-off novel. And, the book appeared to resolve the conflicts brought up in it so I wasn't thinking "sequel" or "series". Not that I'm complaining about the rich detail and universe creation - not at all, just didn't understand the reason for it in today's commercial writing & publishing.

So, knowing now that there are more to come, I look forward to the next book in the series. I hadn't read anything by this author previously, but if the quality of this book is any indication of her other work, then I would recommend any of her books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Warrior Heir.