Jenny's Reviews > Wild Ride

Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie

Oct 17, 10

bookshelves: adult-fantasy, adult-suspense
Read in October, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Did not finish. Spoilers ahead.

In the first several pages, we find out our Female Main Character (FMC) is working at a creepy amusement park, apparently getting it ready for Halloween. Then a hot ex-special forces guy shows up (our Male Main Character?), just in time for a statue of a clown to be possessed (apparently) by an escaped demon and attack FMC. Then MMC gets shot in the chest, but he's smart enough to be wearing kevlar.

Then I skipped ahead to the end. All five of the demons who had been imprisoned at the theme park are loose, and apparently planning on taking over the world/eating everyone's souls. FMC, MMC, and their friends have magically become demon hunters and are trying to imprison them again. Oh yeah, and our FMC and our MMC are half-siblings... and the kids of the demons they are trying to imprison/not get eaten by. They take care of their evil demon dad, but FMC's demon mother is being problematic... until FMC reminds her that she's pregnant... by another demon(??)... And then mom, content with the prospect of grandkids, hops into her genie bottle. And everything is right with the world and FMC is actually in love with another human, and MMC is... I dunno, actually.

It's all very confusing and would probably make so much more sense if I actually read the whole thing... It doesn't seem worth the time. I love some of Crusie's older stuff, but have been less-then-impressed with everything she's collaborated on with Bob Mayer, as well as her new supernatural kick. I'm hoping she goes back to traditional romance next. She was good at it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Ride.

message 1: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara Good lord I'm on page 71 right now and have lost even more hope that it will magically turn around and be at least a decent book. I was actually so confused by the book that I paused to start reading reviews. Now I understand why our hero and heroine aren't really our hero and heroine, since they are freaking related!!! This book is annoying the hell out of me.