Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Mind Games

Mind Games by Carolyn Crane

First, there was Anzu’s brain. Then a little crazy gnome claimed it as his home. That gnome had big plans for Anzu’s brain, and he kept on guiding her book reviews for a long time. Until the day Anzu started reading Mind Games. Then two more gnomes invaded her brain, and confusion reigned.

Each gnome had a different opinion regarding certain parts of the book. In order to please everyone, Anzu allowed each gnome to write its opinion in her review.

The beginning (Gnome 1)
Lots of mentions of a certain vein star syndrome which seemed important, but my mind failed to remember and care about it. Some other issues regarding mind powers, highcaps and all that. No idea what those are and how these things will affect the story. Justine’s issues were kind of weird. I had no idea how everything will connect.

The middle towards end (Gnome 2)
Holy fucking goose people this book is awesome! I have no idea what’s going to happen, and I love it. Hit me Carolyn Crane! I said hit me goddammit!!

The end (Gnome 3)
I was so happy when Justine ended her relationship with Cubby. Finally the love triangle will end! Finally Justine will hook up with Packard. Awesome stuff! And then Justine gets her final assignment, and I can’t handle the excitement and pressure and, most importantly, the fear of something dreadful happening to her. Otto Sanchez seems like a bad guy. Really bad.

But then something happens. Something so big that the whole book changes for me.

(view spoiler)

That is all.
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Games.

06/17/2012
14.0% "A very interesting concept" 6 comments
06/19/2012 page 272
73.0% "Holy shit!!! It's him!!" 12 comments
06/21/2012 page 371
100.0% "Ugh of course she chose him. Why am I not surprised?" 5 comments

Aly is so frigging bored I heard a lot of good things about this one. Good luck :*

Anzu The Great Destroyer It's actually pretty nice so far. Wanna try it?

Aly is so frigging bored I think I added it some time ago and deleted it :D I don't remember why... I'll go read the synopsis and tell you :D

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Aly (Lothaire) Daciano wrote: "I think I added it some time ago and deleted it :D I don't remember why... I'll go read the synopsis and tell you :D"

You should read it Aly. Its a very good book with an strange freaky unique plot. :)

Anzu The Great Destroyer One does not delete a book. Except for Twilight. And Fifty Shades of Grey.

Alkyoni we want rating! we want rating! we want to know if we're gonna need to hide! we want rating!

Aly is so frigging bored It's scary right? :D She's always scary :))

Alkyoni Tell me about it... Plus, now with the heat, she's completely unpredictable. I may wake up tomorrow and find a bloody horsehead in my bed.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Or your pet bunny boiling in a pot! Quick! Hide the knives!

Aly is so frigging bored That would be such a nasty surprise. Anzu is more civilized then that :P

Alkyoni I had forgotten about the bunny, you're right Anna!

Aly, have you read her review on Succubus Blues? This is some really scary tactics that we're talking about here... :]

Aly is so frigging bored I added this again, to my 'maybe' shelf. Satisfied?

message 14: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer You guys suck :/

Alkyoni Keep up with the series lemelemelem...

message 16: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Jun 22, 2012 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) I like Gnome#2! That is all. :)

message 17: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer @Alkyoni: Of course I'll keep up with it. I MUST KNOW SHIT!!!

message 18: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Jun 24, 2012 10:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Anzu wrote: "@Alkyoni: Of course I'll keep up with it. I MUST KNOW SHIT!!!

@Anna: Gnome 2 is a fangirl *sigh*. I would have loved to be a fangirl abut this book. And then Sanchez came. Lol, pun not intended =)))"

Re: the Otto situation.

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Anzu wrote: "@Alkyoni: Of course I'll keep up with it. I MUST KNOW SHIT!!!

That gave me even more strength to go no with it! I was thinking of skipping the sex scenes but then I kept on thinking that maybe she will kill him during them. I was very wrong so far.

Aly is so frigging bored Wow! That was quite the review there love!

message 21: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Eh. The anger.

message 22: by Dija (last edited Jun 29, 2012 08:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija Did you draw the pics in the spoiler tag yourself? 'Cause that little Casper imitation of sorts is adorable!

message 23: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Yep, I did =)) That's supposed to be my lazy version of a human :p

message 24: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija I think you should keep him. He could be your little mascot or something, appearing in every other review, you know? XD

message 25: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Uuuuuu not bad :D It just requires 30 minutes of my time and a better expression chart :p

I could even do ghost figures for the book characters and make him interact with them! OOOOOH!!!!

message 26: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija And he could have his own family! You should name him. :D

message 27: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Family?? Why? :p It will complicate things [hm]

Ah yes! His name will be Wilson!

message 28: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija Wasn't Cat's cat (I totally got a kick out of typing that, haha!) named Wilson??

message 29: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Muahaha! I don't know :} I don't remember. I've been having conversations with Wilson in my older reviews so I think it's time I brought him back :p

message 30: by Dija (last edited Jul 04, 2012 01:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija It really is. He adds life to your review, which is strange given how he resembles a ghost. :P

message 31: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Life does strange things to your reviews.

I'm kind of out of ideas right now. I could not find any use for him in my Once Burned review..

message 32: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija How about a little drawing thing at the end saying something like, "Recommended/Highly recommended/Poop-worthy", etc?

message 33: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Hmmm not bad :D You should be my assistant =)))

I actually have some that I didn't use yet :p

So I wanna keep it in the theme :p

message 34: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija I am your assistant, remember? I think being a co-blogger automatically makes me that. XD

Some what? Pictures? And what theme? (God, I sound so stupid!)

message 35: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Ah yes, you're my right hand! :D Lead away!

Hmm aren't you seeing the images?

message 36: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija Oh, I can see them now. I love both of them. Very fitting. I should make you draw some pictures for my reviews too one of these days. :D

Sarah LMAO Anzu, your thoughts on Otto were EXACTLY the same as mine! It's what knocked this down to a 3 star read for me. I really hope she tells him to take a hike in the next book but I'm nervous