✟Sabrina Rutter✟'s Reviews > Daughter of Darkness

Daughter of Darkness by V.C. Andrews

I really started to take an interest in reading when I was twelve years old. My aunt who has always been a book lover wanted to encourage that and make our bond stronger through a shared love for reading, so she passed some of her favorite books onto me. Some of V.C. Andrews books were in the box she gave me, and I absolutely loved them.
When I saw this book I got so excited! I thought V.C. Andrews and vampires, this is going to be great! I ran down to my local B&N to buy it as soon as I realised it was already released! I was really looking forward to the way Andrews books drew me in and had me searching through the mystery of someones life as they did when I was a 12 year old girl. I thought the added twist of a vampire would make it all the more intriguing, but dear ghost writer you let me down.
I couldn't handle this book anymore, and had to stop at page 78. The way they talk is so dated. I don't remember Andrews books making me feel that way in the past, so I assume it's becuase it's about a vampire? When I say dated I mean it's just to proper for a teenage girl. I know they don't have to talk like valley girls, but seriously I don't know of one teenage girl who has the patience and thought processes of the protagonist.
All of the characters are flat. There's just nothing about any of them that I love. At this point in the book something should have snagged my story loving mind, and had me not wanting to put the book down. But putting the book down was all I found myself wanting to do. So I have decided to put it down for good.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of Darkness.

11/09/2010 page 1
11/10/2010 page 52
12.0% "Seems to be a lot of sexual tension between the father & his daughters. It's a little sick really. Sometimes it even seems like the main character wants to have sex with her older sister. Really I'm not impressed with this one so far. Actually it's a little boring. Hopefully it will get good, but I'm not going to hold my breath."

Brittni I think a character is bound to sound dated when they guy who's writing her point of view is a 70-year-old man. ;X

✟Sabrina Rutter✟ Very true.