Linna's Reviews > Let It Snow

Let It Snow by John Green

Apr 30, 14

bookshelves: maniacal-laughter-inducing, overlooked-gems, surprisingly-good, best-characters, highly-recommended
Read from November 13 to 17, 2010

I love short stories. I love how- when they're successful- you truly want to read entire books about the characters, because their brief portrayals are just so absorbing and you never want to let them go. Maureen Johnson's story was absolutely wonderful in that respect. And even though I'm getting used to John Green's pattern of a gang of friends where the nerdy white boy and quirky-cool white girl fall in love while the token ethnic minority/ies serve(s) as comedic relief or character foil, and sure, they all talk like they're impossibly cool thirty-somethings-- still. And I never thought he could pull off a road trip in a blizzard, but THE FORMULA MUST LIVE ON I guess

The last story almost ruined it all for me, but the first two were just so good. (I'd give that last one maybe one star out of five... I'd suggest you just skip it).

Oddly enough, Lauren Myracle's story was the longest out of the three. You'd think that it would be the one with the most fleshed-out characters, but the opposite was true.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let It Snow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carol I'm reading it!! I completely loved the first story.. I don't care if the other ones suck, the first one made the book for me LOL