Jess Scott's Reviews > Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life

Trump by Donald J. Trump

Oct 26, 2010

bookshelves: currently-reading

[as posted on Amazon.com @ http://www.amazon.com/Trump-Billionai...]

I agree with a lot of what one of the reviewers here said (5 stars, John J. Rinck, February 14, 2005). I for one, greatly enjoyed the succinct and concise chapters. I prefer the book as it is, as compared to if a ghostwriter had written it (with more "flowery" language, which gives the illusion of getting more bang for your buck).

I find it interesting to note also that all the people blasting Mr. Trump and/or his books...well...*probably* aren't exactly billionaires (or millionaires?).

I enjoyed the "glossy photos" included also. They showcase his success.

Mr. Trump writes at the start: "Even if you absorb only ten percent of the wisdom in this book, you'll still have a good shot at becoming a millionaire."

Advice from other places in the book: "Focus on the solutions, not the problem."

Pg 149:
1. Think big
2. Stay focused
3. Be paranoid (keep your guard up)
4. Be passionate
5. Don't ever give up
6. Love what you are doing

I got this book because I enjoyed the introductory material (which I happened to chance upon via Google Books). I am an independent author/publisher/entrepreneur. The going can get tough sometimes. Rather than wallow in self-pity and whine/gripe about things endlessly, I seek out success stories and seek to emulate successful people (it sure beats moping around and complaining about things/life in general).

This book is no exception (success story, etc.). I am thankful to Mr. Trump for sharing a wealth of information, via his thoughts/views!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trump.