Annie McElfresh's Reviews > Darkness Becomes Her

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

Feb 24, 11

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read from February 15 to 17, 2011

This story has been on my mind since the day I finished it, mainly because of the kick-ass twist I didn't see coming. When you discover at the end of the novel what Ari actually is, you will be blown away. I mean, I spent the entire novel trying to figure out why vampires, witches and every other monster Ari came in contact with were afraid of her and when I finally got there I didn't see it coming. It was a twist that was so original I didn't even suspect it.

The characters were quirky and I kind of imagined "the kids" she talks about as Peter Pan's Lost Boys, only a supernatural version. Also can I say how much I love Sebastian. Dark, brooding vampires are always hot. Ari was a fun character as well, she wasn't afraid to fight. She will straight-up punch a dude in the face, or chop his head off. Whatever the case calls for. So I definitely liked her for that.

The ONLY nitpick I have about this one is it was too short, which made parts of it seem kind of rushed. The romance between Sebastian and Ari and her self-discovery of what she is could have been drawn out a little more. Don't get me wrong. I was hooked, but I felt is just went a little too fast. The novel is only 288 pages, so it is short, but I'm hoping book two is a little longer.

Read this one if you like Clash of the Titans, Percy Jackson mixed with supernatural creatures.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Becomes Her.

02/21/2011 page 288
100.0% "OMG what anending! Review coming"