Jeannie and Louis Rigod's Reviews > The Chocolate Pirate Plot

The Chocolate Pirate Plot by JoAnna Carl

Oct 15, 10

Read in October, 2010

I enjoyed this book with it's Pirate mysteries. I found it to be slightly predictable and yet I was entertained. I'm a bit weary of the Malapropisms but do indeed understand this is a very real condition. I guess I'm tired of it not being treated as Lee's personality and doesn't need to be spotlighted so often. Although, in this book, it was required.

I look forward to Ms. Carl's next book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chocolate Pirate Plot.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne I've read most of Carl's Chocoholic Mysteries and while they are very entertaining, the point about the malapropisms is often brought up in reviews, and to the reader I agree that it can be distracting with the constant spotlight on it throughout the entire series. I haven't read the last two books, but I may have to pick up the series again.

Jeannie and Louis Rigod Honestly, Suzanne...I took a break from the series myself. I do not feel the need to go back and fill in what I missed, as I so often do. I like this series concept and hope it moves onwards. Thank you for the comment.