lisa's Reviews > Obsidian Butterfly

Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton

Oct 18, 2010

bookshelves: mine-mine-mine
Read from October 15 to 18, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 10

oh god i love this book! i haven't read it in so long and guilty pleasures was good but not as amazing as i remembered so i didn't know how this would stack up, but i still love it so much.

anita/edward is still a major OTP for me, and this book is full of super-faded highlighted passages where they declare their love for each other. (sort of. shut up.) i was really embarrassed the last time i loaned it to someone, because it's clearly been read over a dozen times and there are a lot of dog-eared pages and highlighted sections and it's like handing someone a roadmap to my particular brand of crazy when i was 20, but it all made me so happy when i was reading it this week.

i've found that rereading books that really made me flip my shit when i was younger are slightly disappointing now- if nothing else, i read so much more now that i just bad writing MUCH more harshly- but this one was everything i remembered it being. (although i still skipped all of the gratutious descriptions about how sexy people are, and i skimmed the whole scene with His Doucheyness, so.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian Butterfly.