Danna's Reviews > The Hollow

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

Oct 15, 10

bookshelves: owned

I really, really wanted to like The Hollow. I really did, but it just didn’t happen. Let me start off with some of the good things about the book. Abbey’s loss of her friend was shown really well and I felt really sorry for her. I liked how Verday showed the readers flashbacks of Abbey and Kristin’s friendship. The character Caspian was also a good thing. A very good thing indeed.
Now for the bad. The book had too many details. I felt like I was being bombarded with little things like ‘the toothbrush was green and had sparkles on it’ (not that the author actually mentioned any green toothbrushes.) Another thing was the romance: it was a love in the first three days and that’s not very realistic. I think that Verday put too much ‘touchy’ love in the story and not enough ‘emotional’ love inside. It felt really empty.
I was really expecting more from The Hollow. Jessica Verday has potential to be a very awesome writer and the rest of the story of The Hollow can turn out to be a great series, the first book just hasn’t gotten off to a great start for me. I hope The Haunted will be better.
2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow.