Wilsonyeung's Reviews > Into the Forest

Into the Forest by Jean Hegland

U 50x66
Oct 15, 10

Read in October, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Into the forest by jean Hegland, is a book that fits right with our current concerns of nature. It’s a friction book that talks about a world that transformed into an unbelievable place, without any electricity, less food, few humans who survived from a breakdown of civilization, and killing diseases everywhere. Two sisters named Nell and Eva, who are a university student and a dancer, have to figure out their own ways to survive, after their parents died and with no other supports.
In my opinion, the book have an interesting and creative topic, the first few pages of the book, totally shown the creative topic of the book, it described the world that they lived in and how the situation turned bad, however, I think the author wrote things that could not be mention, like the making love part, the author over wrote things between sexual motions, for example Nell and his boyfriend, Eli, were making love in the woods, Eva got rape by a random person who asked them for gasoline, and the two sister making love together.
The novels title is named into the forest” and it represents lots of meaning to me, as it wrote, at the end of the story they burnt down their decaying house and all their supplies they saved, and decided to move to the forest alone, without bringing all the sad memorizes they been through. For me it means humans should always belong to the nature, be aware that nature is always our friend and our saviour, in other words, the utopia we dream of, will never exist, some day our electricity will ran out, and foods and comfort will be gone and everything will turn back to the beginning of the world. In conclusion we should start protecting our environment and saved what we have.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Forest.