ajia's Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Apr 04, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read in October, 2010

I've been dying to read crescendo for ages and was ecstatic when I finally got my hands on it. The book was everthing I wanted and more! It's filled with great dialogues and witty remarks. It starts off with nora's dad being murdered and the rest of the book follows the mystery of who the killer was. Meanwhile nora and patch are also goin through a tough time. They break up over a row after nora hears he was hanging round marcie's house and soon he starts roaming round her 24/7. It was maddening to see this and drove me crazy.
Marcie was a slutty bitch throught the book and u'll love to hate her. The archangels are also trying to ripthem apart and it was quite heartbreaking at times. Another mysterious character enters the picture;Scott who is a nephil and nora's childhood friend. Nora uses him at times to make patch jealous. He was a bit of a jerk and quite evil at times but I really liked him and hope to see more of him.
I liked nora in this book as she stood up for herself in front of patch instead of mourning in her room and was a lot more gutsy but sometimes she made some really dumb impulsive decissions and should have listened to patch when he tried to explain. Patch was a lot more sensitive and caring this time round (as crazy as it sounds) and I don't know why so many people keep critisizing him. He didn't have much of a choice for some of the things he did and I fell in love with him evenmore. Having said that, there were times when he caused her a lot of pain and acted like a jerk but in the end won me over. I felt there was a lack of him in this book. Vee was really funny and a very loyal supportive friend. I didn't like her much the first time round but in this she grew on me. Rixon also had a big part in this story and her mom also had a few skeletons in her closet. The ending takes u completely by surprise and the book is packed with twists and turns. You will never guess vwho the villain is! some Scenes with patch and nora were quite steamy and the dream sequences were sensational. It ends with a cliff hanger with a new villain on the horizon and I m dyin to read tempest to see what happens to patch, nora, Scott, marcie and vee. I can honestly say I loved every moment of crescendo and would highly recommend it!
27 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

04/25 marked as: read

Rimsa Ivashkov Rixon's evil *wink wink*

Adele Rimsa wrote: "Rixon's evil *wink wink*"

I've read it, but did you have to ruin it for everyone else : ) hahaa, although it was soo unexpected right?

Rimsa Ivashkov totally... i wish he wasnt evil, i liked him!

Adele I know, i totally loved him, and poor Vee : ( hahaha, what'd you think of the ending? I was like :O. Oh.My.God! ahahaha, cant wait till next yearr :( haha

Rimsa Ivashkov it made the wait for Tempest soooo mush worse....
....and poor Vee, her boyfirends always end up dead cuz they r evil!!!

Clara The ending was definetly, "Oh My God" Worthy. I couldn't stop reading it. And i know...Poor vee:( LOVE PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Thanks for giving a good review, because I was as scared as crap when I read the description.....I wanted to die! Thanks again, because now I KNOW that I want to read this book! :D U R MY LIFE SAVER!

Mary So it's kind-of like the 13 to life series.....'cause in the second book the hero starts hanging out w/ the heroine's best friend/enemy...OMG! THANK YOU FOR BEING A LIFE SAVER! I was as scared as crap when I read the description....I wanted to die! Goodreads REALLY needs more people like you, because i'm kinda getting tired of people trashing on VERY good books, just because they din't like what happened doesn't mean that the book is bad...you know?

Mari Omg I loved this it was amazingly good!

message 10: by Mari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mari I really don't know why a lot of people didn't really liked this book ugh >.<