Kaarin's Reviews > I'm with the Band: Confessions of a Groupie

I'm with the Band by Pamela Des Barres

Oct 15, 10

I’ve gone to many many concerts over the last 15 years and not once have I ended up backstage. The way Pamela tells it she went to concert and then suddenly she was in the green room giving out blow jobs. What gets you from enjoying the show to being part of the show in back? Where’s the disconnect there? Don’t get me wrong, that’s not what I would want for myself, but what is it about certain people that crazy things just happen to them? As for the writing, I kept diaries as a teenager as well and they are a pretty funny read but they deal more with talking to a cute down instead of sleeping with famous rock stars. It’s hard to imagine one person being with that many famous people. Still, its painfully obvious that you’re reading something by a 17 year old. The writing is frantic and all over the place. It was hard to follow at times and I really just wanted to tell her to slow down and take a breath, both in life and in her writing. She lived a fast life and though its not one I would want for myself, I sure enjoyed hearing about her crazy experiences.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm with the Band.