Ixcel Morales's Reviews > The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

U 50x66
Nov 12, 2010

Read from October 15 to November 08, 2010

This book is not what I had expected.But it was Good. The book I read was "The Lovley Bones" By Alice Sebold.Its about a young girl named Susie Salmon.One day she was walking back to her house from school and she was tricked into going into a undergroung house/hangout that her neighbor had made, Mr.Harvy. He had told her to go in there and check it out so she did. But what happens next is horrible. Mr. Harvey rapes her and then later when he's done, he kills her, dismembering her body.Susie is now in heaven watching her family suffer and watching the cops interrogating the wrong person. This whole dissaperance of Susie salmon was a major problem for the cops and her family. She was killed on december 6. For the cops and her family, its a mystery to find out who did it. A neighbors dog had found her elbow. Later on, her father find Mr. Harvey suspicoius and claims that he had done something but cops said that there need to be pfoof that he had done it. Her father was certain and then later the cops start to think that he had something to do with it.

I though this book was interesting but it was boring at some parts. It took everything at a slow pace. But other than that it was over-all ok. I liked how everything came together at the end, maiking sense to her family and the cops. It came out clean. I could not connect with this book because I've never had anything so tragic happen to me or a close friend.I recommend this book to people that like to read mystery storys and that take a while for the story to unfold. I gave this book 3 stars because it wasnt the best nor the worst.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lovely Bones.