Kellie's Reviews > Moon Women

Moon Women by Pamela Duncan

Oct 18, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, fiction-literature, bookclub-books

I knew I liked this book after reading the prologue. As long as the author doesn't screw up the ending...this one has me hooked!

This is a story of a southern family. When you read that sentence, you may think there isn’t much to it then. What is so special about it? Well, the best part of this book is twofold. The characters and writing. I could tell I was going to like this book after the first 5 pages. There was something about the southern dialect and the character description that caught me and made me want to find a corner, curl up and keep reading till I couldn’t read anymore. It is very rare for a book to catch me like that. The author did such a great job depicting a large, somewhat dysfunctional, southern family with humor, happiness, sadness, anger etc. all the ingredients found in the inter-workings of a family unit. She did it in a way that made you think you knew them. Or someone like them. The setting is the mountains of North Carolina which made it even more special. I have already started looking for some more books by this author. Highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Women.

10/16/2010 page 100

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JG (The Introverted Reader) I met this author at a book festival in the spring and she was wonderful. I talked to her for a while and I just loved her. I got all her books but I haven't gotten around to reading any of them yet! :-( I'm glad to know you liked this!

message 2: by Kellie (new) - added it

Kellie This one was very southern. I loved it. It was funny and when I like the book in the prologue, I know it's gonna be a good one!