Sarah's Reviews > While My Sister Sleeps

F_50x66
Oct 19, 10

bookshelves: audiobooks, chick-lit, 2010
Read from October 14 to 18, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This book got better. The characters became somewhat more complex-somewhat. The start of it was awful though, very transparent and the plot line more than predictable. As the theme, the book is wrapped up too neatly. All the strings pulled and perfect. Even with the gravity of the situation there is happiness. While I think the author was trying to show that peace follows a trying situation, it doesn't follow with such speed.
Despite all of this, the book still earns 3 stars. It is what it is. A book feel good book which raises some cultural questions and family conflict. The middle part of the book was enjoyable. The relationships of the characters, though forced at times, are entertaining to watch develop. The development of the characters as people was also forced, but entertainng. If feel good entertainment is the purpose, the book follows through.

On a side note, after listening to 2 books by Delinsky, (and having read the cover of a third which is sitting on my passenger seat) there is a common theme of secrets in her writting. This book is very similar in progression to the previous Delinsky book I read "The Secret Between Us". There is a secret, and it has many unintended consequences. Uncovering one secret leads to another and the pre-conceptions of life are shaken. I expect this to hold true in the next also.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While My Sister Sleeps.