Danny's Reviews > Angelfire

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Jan 14, 11

bookshelves: netgalley-read, november-2010, 2011-debut
Read from November 06 to 07, 2010

Gosh this book blew me away!! When I found this book on NetGalley and read the synopsis I knew that this would be a book I could enjoy - and oh boy I did enjoy this book!

Review and ARC Giveaway at the Boowkworms (ends Jan21)
Ellie is a normal girl - until her 17th birthday when she meets Will and everything she though she knew about herself is turned upside down and she has to learn the truth about herself.
She's is an ancient warrior trapped in an human body but with extraordinary inhuman powers. Every time she dies she comes back into a new body and the fighting starts again. She fights hideous creatures that take human souls to Hell and she's the only power on earth that can destroy them

She has an immortal Guardian- Will - at her site who has sworn his existence to fight for her and protect her. He always waits for her soul to be reborn, then he finds her, awake her power and help her remember who she really is.

Only this time, he had to wait for 40 years and this never happend before and Ellie struggles with her memories, she can only remember fragments of her previous life's.

Ellie in the beginning is a normal Teenager but soon has to face her true self and start being the warrior she is since millennia. She is scared but also has to realizes that she is indeed able to fight these creatures. She struggles with accepting but she also knows that this is her responsibility, yet she tries hard to remain her human part and live.

Will is a wonderful, strong,yet soft, tormented and self less creature who sees his only purpose in serving Ellie as a Warrior, Soldier and Protector. She comes first-always. He never cares for himself. Ellie is the one that reminds him to also take care of himself - that he also has a life and deserves happiness. Can I "droll" over him? He.is.awesome!

Those two characters were amazing to follow their journey to learn the truth about Ellie and their fight against the evil. Only this time the other site wants to awake a secret creature that could be the end to Ellies soul - forever.

Seriously, this book simply blew me away. I am totally in love with this story, the mystic and the characters. It is the first book in a Trilogy and the first books leaves you with so many open questions that it is cruel to wait year for the next book. But it is absolutely worth it - the book is fantastic!

Watch out for this book , and you can already pre order it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfire.

11/06/2010 page 1
11/06/2010 page 150
32.0% "Oh I love this book so far...oooOOoO will *swoon*"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Juju (Tales of Whimsy.com) Oooo I have this one waiting for me too. Looking forward to your review/thoughts.

Danny I just started it - and so far it is good. It reminds me a bit of Buffy just not with Vamps but with Demons. Totally like the concept though!

Juju (Tales of Whimsy.com) Interesting! I can't wait to hear more :)

Danny It's absolutely great so far.. I hope it stays that way

Greta is Erikasbuddy how on earth do you read so fast? WOWS! Either I'm very poor at reading or you're like the fastest person ever ;)

Danny It's weekend hun! Of course I can read fast - I don't have kids and hubs is away this weekend so I do nothing else than reading:))

and .. I'm sooo totally in love with this book!

Greta is Erikasbuddy LOLZ! Well, you're talking to one of those kids that were in the slow-readers group back in school. I truly envy you :)

message 8: by AH (new) - added it

AH Great review, Danny! Sounds like you're hitting all the good books this month.

Danny Oh yes! I just posted what I got the last two weeks on the Bookworms - I got sooo many good books I have no clue where to start :)

But this book is soosOoOo good!

message 10: by AH (new) - added it

AH Have you read Fever Crumb? I am reading it now and it is really good. A little dystopian, a little steampunky, really fun sense of humor.

Danny Oh thanks, no I haven't heard of it but I put it on my list! :)

message 12: by AH (new) - added it

AH The heroine works in a big giant head. You enter big giant head through the left nostril. (LOL!) She goes out into the world to work with a family as an Engineer. She is very logical and says things that 7 of 9 in Star Trek (the next generation) would say.

Danny Ok this sounds hilarious!

message 14: by AH (new) - added it

AH It has its funny moments.

message 15: by Michaela (new) - added it

Michaela I can't wait to read this book!