Zinger's Reviews > Chaos Theory: Two Essays on Market Anarchy

Chaos Theory by Robert P. Murphy

Oct 13, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read in October, 2010

I am fascinated with Austrian Economics, but find the books on implementing anarchy lacking. It seems that this author's proposal would create a massive organization of insurance companies that would regulate and individual similar to a tyrannical government we have today. Of course one would be free to decide if they wanted to comply with the insurance company or not, but if they don't, they would be hampered in their activities in society.

Also, I fail to see how anarchy would deal with those corrupt and power hungry parasites and those parasites that are just plain hungry that are so prevalent in our society. They will still screw up an anarchic utopia.

I am thinking that for anarchy to work, a society would have to be a very moral people that are in compliance with the laws of nature, and thus do not need any man made laws or government. But too many people are idiots and worship redistribution of wealth schemes.

I agree that much of what government does today should be privatized...but how to privatize it all without making a de facto government in the process is what I can't see yet.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chaos Theory.

message 1: by Derek (last edited Nov 09, 2010 02:21PM) (new) - added it

Derek You ask a lot from a tiny pamphlet of a book.

This link will answer most of your questions

If you are really interested in Anarcho-Capitalism I suggest starting with Rothbard's "For A New Liberty."