Cindy 's Reviews > The Locket

The Locket by Stacey Jay

Oct 19, 10

bookshelves: arcs, blog-tours
Read from October 14 to 16, 2010

The Locket is a story about mistakes and what you would or wouldn't do to correct them. What if you could go back in time and pretend like your biggest mistake never happened? Would you relive all of those moments again and risk changing the lives of those around you to get a second chance?

That's exactly what happens with Katie. One minute she's at a party with her best friend and the next she's making the biggest mistake of her life. When she's given the opportunity to undo her mistake and change the past, she's thrilled to be given the second chance. It isn't until she notices all the little changes in her do-over that she becomes concerned about what her second chance is doing to everyone around her.

The Locket is a thoughtful and intriguing book that I enjoyed from start to finish. There were times when I thought I knew for sure what was going to happen next and was pleasantly surprised when the author wasn't as predictable as I'd assumed. Katie's character is as realistic as any seventeen year old girl is when it comes to love - forever willing to change themselves in the hopes of being enough for that perfect boy, believing that their first love will be their only love, and full of hope at the promise of spending the rest of their lives with their "first" for everything.

Katie's boyfriend, Isaac, and best friend, Mitch, are both enjoyable characters who add to the difficult decision that Katie has to make. Isaac may not be perfect but it's obvious he adores Katie and you can see why Katie fell for him in the first place. Mitch is the perfect best friend, making it hard to watch Katie struggle with possibly losing him from her life.

I found The Locket to be an entertaining read with some twists and turns that kept the story interesting and even a little dark at times. I caught myself tearing up and holding my breath at certain points, just trying to read fast enough to see what would happen next. The ending had me wanting to both cry and scream at the same time but I ended up really loving it. Overall, The Locket was an excellent book and I'm very much looking forward to reading more from Stacey Jay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Locket.

10/14/2010 page 105