valee's Reviews > Heaven, Texas

2320890
Oct 15, 10

bookshelves: cont-romance
Read from October 14 to 15, 2010

OMG! Now I can definitely say I'm a new fan of Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Damn, how could I have not read any of her books before yesterday, they are so good it makes me think I should reevaluate my tastes in books,lol. Now getting serious I just feel like only saying the best things about this author in this review. What a terrific read.

When I started I was so disappointed because it was very different from book 1 and I just had loved and adored book 1 and I wanted more of it. But then, little by little I started to get in love with the characters in this book as well. Gracie and Bobby Tom were amazing. Seriously, I can't believe I didn't like them at the beginning of the book. Shame on me.

I just wanna make everyone understand the reason for why I love these books so much. It is not because it has the best romance I have read about or that HEA we all wanna read about,no, it is because in all the books in this series we see real characters having real problems and facing them the best way they can. We see how they make mistakes and how they try to fix them. Everything isn't perfect but they all try to make the best of the different situations they face. I cry and laugh with SEP's books and it seems I wont be able to stop reading them. That's how good they are to me. Maybe many wont think the same but IMHO it has been too long since I had such a great time reading and I love every second of it. Sometimes we need this kind of books to remind ourselves why we read this much. You know the feeling when you read too many books in a row and none of them gets to excite you as it should, but then you get your hands in a book that is that good and you just can't put it down? Well that is what happened to me with this series. I don't even know why because I usually don't enjoy contemporary romance at all, but I can't seem to stop reading even though I have hundreds of other things to do. So thank you SEP for making me love to read even more than what I already do!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven, Texas.

10/14/2010
10.0% "A bit boring so far. We have a very plain heroine and a smug hero who thinks too high of himself. Let's hope it gets better."

Ronyell Great review Valee!!! I loved this book too!!!