Jody's Reviews > Bite Club

Bite Club by Rachel Caine

May 07, 11

bookshelves: vampires, favorite-authors, favorite-series, will-be-at-the-bookstore-to-get
Read from May 04 to 07, 2011

Morganville! Ahh! I just love this series! The characters are rich, funny, and vibrant. This series resonanted with me long after I was done reading the books. I am always looking forward to the next book and will be so sad when she decides to end them. I have always thought this would make an excellent series for TV--I mean who needs Stefan and Damon when you could watch Shane and Micheal! Not that I don't thoroughly enjoy VD but Morganville would totally be a well rounded series with characters such as the mad vamp-scientist Myrnin, Sheriff Hannah, Oliver, Monica, and Amelie.
But getting on to Bite Club, this story takes place after the last ill-fated trip of our favorite friends out of Morganville. The story centers around a new gym in town that is run by a vampire named Vassily. Shane is excited to learn martial arts and work out at the gym and immediately starts going. Claire isn't so sure going to a gym run by vampires is a great idea and follows him. Shane spars with another Vamp and actually gets a good shot in and is invited to join an advanced class. Shane continues to work out and spend more time at the gym and becomes irritable and more agressive. Claire knows something is off but cannot figure it out. Claire is also going to school where she finds a dead body that is connected to the gym business. Bishop shows back up in town which sets the town on edge and Amelie and Oliver on the war path literally. This novel like any other Morganville novel is full of action. One of the most interesting things about Bite Club is Ms. Caine gives us a first person POV for Shane throughout the book which I loved. Shane is one of my favorites and I loved getting to see his feelings for Claire and how Glory, a new vamp, and the gym training was affecting him. I don't believe the book would have been half as good without this new look at Shane. Highly recommended for fans of the series and other Vampire fans!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Club.

05/06/2011 page 150