Hannah's Reviews > Dear John

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from October 14, 2010 to July 16, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Another heart-breaking book by Nicholas Sparks. I couldn't help but cry at the ending though. They didn't get to be together. I guess it's different from the other two books I've read by Sparks(Safe Haven & The Last Song) where they end up together in the end. It kind of made me depressed, but it's still an amazing book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear John.

Quotes Hannah Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.”

Nicholas Sparks
“When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through.”

Nicholas Sparks
“It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time, the grief . . . lessens. It may not go away completely, but after a while it's not so overwhelming.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever.”

Nicholas Sparks
“And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you’ll take me in your arms again.”