Jacinda's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from January 14 to 16, 2011

The Iron Queen is the third installment in the Iron Fey series. The book is all about making tough choices. I read this on my Kindle, and I cried for the last 5% of the book. The last pages have so much emotion, that it was overwhelming for me sometimes and my husband even asked me if I was alright a couple times. I was happy to have questions answered that previous books didn’t answer, but at the same time it hit me that the series was coming to an end.

Meghan Chase is a “I’ll kick your butt if you get in my way” female character. She would make a great role model for young adults because she knows when to up the ante and when to fold. In The Iron Queen, you get to see more of Meghan’s new relationship with Ash and all of the hardships they have to endure with battles, and even Puck, because we all know he was going to stay away forever.

Julie Kagawa writes some of the most realistic fight and action scenes I’ve ever read. Every move and encounter is easy to visualize. Sometimes, in other books, I find those scenes hard for me to picture in my head. Julie also brings fantastic new characters into The Iron Queen with equally fantastic names like every character in the series.

This book and series has characters I will always remember and I can’t wait to be able to pick up my own copy of this book!

There is a 4th and final book to this series, The Iron Knight that will be released in 2011. Also, Julie is going to have a post-apocalyptic vampire series coming out sometime in 2012.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.