Crystal's Reviews > Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith

Feb 26, 10

it was ok
bookshelves: christian
Read in February, 2010

mostly I'd have to say this book was disappointing, but I think it was because I suffered under false pretenses to start it. I'd been told it was a Christian book, and made the mistake of expecting a Christian book like others I'd read. definitely not. most of the time, barely Christian. her faith seems a little more new agey/ unitarian than Christian sometimes. I appreciate her embrace of the imperfections of humanity, and her message about grace is always important, but I don't know how much I actually got from reading the book, other than relief she wasn't in my life. chaotic crazy people like her, no matter how nice, give me a headache.
I did enjoy a few pieces, especially towards the end, especially whenever she'd shut up about the Democratic party (despite voting that way often, I don't hold to any one party being better than others, and it annoys me when someone like her is more religious about a political party than about her own faith.). Her message about accepting oneself, warts and all, is always a good one, and I liked her reflections about learning to forgive her mom. But I won't read this book again, and doubt I'd read anything else of hers if I didn't have to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plan B.