Elyse705's Reviews > The Year of Secret Assignments

The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty

Oct 13, 2010

liked it

** spoiler alert ** [this is where a "I LOVED THIS BOOK!" part was, R.I.P]
Though I really did not get the whole U.K. slang, and the constant use of Vegemit (or however you spell the devil food name) made my stomach sick.
I really liked it though. All the characters were really intresting. But I have to say that all of the male characters were just the same, a total rebel with a good guy who wants to shine through.
Except for Paul who I think is a bit bipolar.
And Cassie just confused me so much. I mean she was happy with her friends (when was this!?) and she was sad with her letters. But whatever she can keep on going being totally annoying and whine all she wants.
I think what made the book though was the character Lydia. I mean I really do think she was the MAIN MAIN character because she was the one who gave the girls the assigments, and the name of the book was THE YEAR OF SECRET ASSIGMENTS. But her and Seb's missions were just the cutest. But Charlie and Emily both got mad at each other for NO REASON! And Lydia and Sebestian the same thing happened!
This author needs some more idea's.
Wow writing this review I relized that this book was pretty lame at parts, so I'm dropping my rating. Just it was funny and well writen and intresting but alot of its just so stupid! Not to be mean but really? THEIR SCHOOL HAD A PONY CLUB!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Secret Assignments.