Jason's Reviews > The Half-Made World

The Half-Made World by Felix Gilman

May 16, 15

bookshelves: e-books, read-2010, read-2015, reread
Read from October 12, 2010 to May 16, 2015

4.5 stars, a questionable ending at best kept this wonderful novel from being perfect. This is a dark, pseudo-western, pseudo-steam punk, fantasy that is centered around an anti-hero named John Creedmoor and his gun Maggfrid. He really pushes the boundaries of being a protagonist, but I found his character to be deep, and fascinating. I loved the world that is portrayed here, the "magic", the gods and the demons. I cannot wait to read more from Gilman, and hopefully read more about the characters in this book. The only flaw to this gem is the ending. It is not necessarily a bad ending, but it felt almost anti-climatic. Don't miss this great dark fantasy.

Updated May 2015

I really enjoyed this one again as a reread. But, once again the lack of an ending was way too anticlimactic. I wanted to go on to book two but have come to find out that it is an unrelated story to this one. It also has a questionable ending. So for now I am done with this book and what could be an awesome series.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Half-Made World.

05/16 marked as: currently-reading