Edna's Reviews > Harmonic Feedback

Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly

Oct 12, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, young-adult, contemporary
Read from October 12 to 14, 2010

Harmonic Feedback easily became one of the best YAs I've ever read. It's a beautifully written and heartfelt story of a girl dealing with those social and self-perception issues that comes with the territory of being a teenager. How to act? What to say? We get to see Drea, who happens to have ADHD and a touch of Asperger's, go through the trials of having friends which she's never really had before and the struggles to fit in socially.

The greatest thing about this book: the characters and their relationships with each other. I know it was a somewhat short time period in this story but there's no denying how much the protagonist and her friends connected. They just fit and I thought it was executed wonderfully. Their personalities made it so easy to fall in love with EVERY character. They were vibrant, likeable, and in my opinion very relatable. The protagonist stood out to me a lot though. She's blunt, honest, unique, and endearing. Her voice, her thoughts were excellent and very well written. The only other YA protagonist who has stood out to me as much as Drea was Parker from Courtney Summer's Cracked Up to Be.

There isn't a single thing I'd change about Harmonic Feedback. It's poignant and perfect as is and that's pretty damn rare in my book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harmonic Feedback.

Ceci There is only one thing that i would change about this book... and it is too damn short!!! Seriously, the book is amazing but too short!! ;)

Edna Ceci wrote: "There is only one thing that i would change about this book... and it is too damn short!!! Seriously, the book is amazing but too short!! ;)"

Hee! I know how you feel. Once it ended, I didn't want to let go of these characters. I got so attached to them.

Chiara I loved it! I'm glad you talked about Tara Kelly to me when I was reading Amplified because that made me read this one much sooner than I would have done otherwise. Such a beautiful book! Loved the characters and their relationships as well and Drea is so real. Also, I like that serious issues were addressed but not in a way that it took over.