Andrewhickey's Reviews > The Vision Revolution: How the Latest Research Overturns Everything We Thought We Knew about Human Vision

The Vision Revolution by Mark Changizi

Oct 20, 10

Read from October 12 to 20, 2010

A short, wonderful new perspective on how our vision actually works. Changizi shows us why we have the superpowers of:

Mind reading via a complex color processing visual system evolved for social interaction.

X-ray vision via binocular clues to object recognition and depth perception.

Future Seeing via inferences our brain makes about how the world works.

And Spirit Reading, or the art of conversing with the dead via written language.

Changizi embarks from an ecological and evolutionary standpoint which should fit well with anyone with a staunch evolutionary perspective. The book allows one to further question just how our other sensory processes have adapted with respect to their social evolutionary advantage.

Best of all, the read is very accessible, jargon free, and full of useful analogies and humor. If you are even remotely interested into how, (and more importantly why), we perceive the way we do, you should read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vision Revolution.

10/12/2010