Kate's Reviews > The Billionaire's Vinegar: The Mystery of the World's Most Expensive Bottle of Wine

The Billionaire's Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace

Oct 12, 10

Read in October, 2010

This book could have been really, really good. The story was very captivating, the characters involved were super-interesting, and I learned a ton about rare wines and history. However, the book was very poorly written. It was confusing. It didn't occur in a time order that made any sense. Facts were shoveled on top of each other in ways that completely prevented you from understanding them. The author left on tangents that had little to do with the main plot line, and then when offering an answer near the end of the book, did it in the most completely anti-climactic way possible. If Malcolm Gladwell had written this book, it would be FANTASTIC. Benjamin Wallace needs to spend less time on research and more time learning how to tell a decent story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Billionaire's Vinegar.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melanie I disagree. I think it was intelligently offered to us as readers and it intrigued me to research even more during reading it. I don't reject your opinions but I implore you to appreciate the impeccable writing skills and descriptions so bold you could taste his findings.