Amy Palmer's Reviews > Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions

Dewey's Nine Lives by Vicki Myron

Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: pets-animals, readpawty, to-buy
Recommended for: Dewey fans, cat lovers
Read from January 19 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

"Dewey's Nine Lives" tells nine stories from people whose lives were touched not only by Dewey (either in person or through his book) but were touched by cats personally as well. These aren't simply cat stories, either. They really reveal the person and what their life is like presently as well as before they had their special cat. It's not always pretty, but the story is more complete that way.

My two favorite stories in the book were numbers seven and nine. The last story had a little twist to it-they definitely saved the best for last! Some of the stories I felt were a bit drawn out, but again, it gave you a complete look at a person's life.

This was a great book, but I would suggest you read "Dewey" before you read "Dewey's Nine Lives". You'll need your tissues for both! There are also some children's books about Dewey: "Dewey: There's a Cat in the Library"; "Dewey: The True Story of a World-Famous Library Cat"; and "Dewey's Christmas at the Library".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dewey's Nine Lives.

01/19/2011 page 44