Rachael's Reviews > America's Women: 400 Years of Dolls, Drudges, Helpmates, and Heroines

America's Women by Gail Collins

F 50x66
Jan 15, 2008

bookshelves: non-fiction
Recommended to Rachael by: Michelle
Recommended for: everyone
Read in February, 2008

What a fantastic journey into the lives or countless women. I loved the flow of the book and the writing. I am definitely grateful for living in this day and age- we have it so easy- I can't imagine living in a hut with no light but the fire and trying to cook, clean (ha), and make all of our clothes including the material. Very informative.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read America's Women.

Michelle Ooh! I'm excited that you're reading this one! I hope you find it as fascinating as I did. Seriously, how much more I appreciate all the freedoms and appliances I have because of this book!!

We read it this month for my book club, so I'm excited to get together and talk about it next week!!

Rachael I love it so far! I usually think of what a sissy I must look like when I complain -I imagine my ancestors looking down on me shaking their heads :)- this book is giving me even more insight into how great we have things. We are a spoiled nation/people. What a great book!