Nick's Reviews > Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

M_50x66
Jun 30, 11

Read from June 24 to 30, 2011

4.5 Stars :)

This one took a while getting in (ended up just leaving it for a couple of days), but once it go going I really wanted to know what happened. I really liked Amy and Roger and pretty much all the other characters which NEVER happens to me. This combined with the easy-flowing writing style made most of this book sort of glide of over me like a gliding...like a...LIKE A WAVE! Yes, a wave.

I really liked Roger. I don't like most guys in YA books because they are all pretty much the same guy, but Roger was different from the start and someone who anyone would want on a roadtrip.

One thing that felt not-so-realistic was Amy's guilt about the death of her father. Not that she felt it, almost anyone in that situation would have felt guilt, but most people you hear about in those situations understand their guilt isn't logical, but feel it in spite of that. Amy seemed to believe that other people thought it was her fault too, they were just saying it wasn't to try and make her feel better. It didn't really bother me, just something I noticed that was done differently.

What I took away from this book was...I really want to take a roadtrip.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wendy Darling Sounds fun! I have this in my TBR pile, looking forward to it.