Shaunesay Eslanai's Reviews > The Murder of King Tut

The Murder of King Tut by James Patterson

Oct 13, 10

Read from October 11 to 13, 2010

I don't think it should be advertised as a non-fiction thriller, there's not a single source reference anywhere in the book and he makes a lot of assumptions. So he was interested in the story and wanted to write his version of it, okay, that's fine, do it as a novel. It is a mediocre effort in an area where so much work and speculation by experts in the field has already happened. Quite honestly it comes across as Mr. Patterson acting like this was a new thing that had never been thought of before, and he, the great mystery writer was going to clear it up for us while he was out on the golf range. Um, no, it's been a question ever since I can remember and I've been interested in Egyptology since I was young. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but this book was a big disappointment to me, and I'm glad I checked it out from the library rather than paying for it. It's saving grace is that it is a quick read. It won't stop me from reading anything else by him, I just feel he was really out of his depth here, and this didn't add anything either to his lengthy credentials, or to Egyptology and the mystery of Tut as a whole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murder of King Tut.

10/11/2010 page 79
20.0% "Not too impressed so far. He starts out like it's a new idea that hadn't been thought of before, but we've been watching documentaries and reading other books about this for years. So far it just makes me want to tell people to read Allen Drury's A God Against the Gods and Return to Thebes instead."