Elizabeth's Reviews > Dracula in Love

Dracula in Love by Karen Essex

Oct 11, 10

Read in October, 2010

I absolutely loved this new take on the old Dracula tale. It had been so long since I read the original and I didn’t quite remember everything in it. But I like the way that Karen Essex put a whole new spin on the book. She too what was already a great supernatural book changed the POV and took it even more into the supernatural world.
I will admit that in the first hundred pages I was not sure that she was going to pull off a very good book. It was written very slow and not much had really happened. Mina had experience a few weird sleepwalking episode but other that there had just been background story development. It was not a bad story up to here but it was slow. So if you don’t like slow beginnings I wouldn’t suggest this book for you.
If however you love a great overall book this is for you. Somewhere around page 120 I started to get engrossed in the book and couldn’t put it down until I found out how Mina knew the Count. If she would really marry John Harker and what was going to happen to the beautiful Lucy. While poor Lucy’s story is not a happy one I feel that the story as a whole had a happy ending. You are left with the upbeat hopeful need to believe that eventually all wrongs were righted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula in Love.