Tammy 's Reviews > Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard

Apr 21, 08

bookshelves: suspense, 2008-reads, keepers
Read in April, 2008

Remember the discussion thread on Amazon several months ago where the boardies discussed their favorite lines in a book? Now I finally understand the popular line ... "I'm not holding you against your will; I'm holding you against your car."

This book was full of verbal sparring between Jaine Bright and her neighbor, Detective Sam Donovan, that was downright hilarious at times. Jaine first meets Sam when she accidentally backs over his metal garbage can with her new Viper. Tempers flare as these two discover a strong, immediate attraction that they both try to deny. Their first kiss takes place when Jaine is washing her car - no spoilers here! - but it is one of the funniest and sexiest that I have ever read.

The storyline of the four friends and their silly list of qualifications for Mr. Perfect makes for a nice secondary plot. However, a creepy character committing two, gruesome murders as a result of the list was overly familiar to me - it reminded me of a movie that I once saw. But all in all, I loved this book! I'm not sure why I let it sit in my TBR pile for so long, but I highly recommend it and I may re-read it myself just for grins and giggles.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Perfect.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Pamela(AllHoney) Hilarious book. One of those you can read over and over and keep laughing

Auntee I read this a few years back--you make me want to read this one again! :D

Eastofoz I didn't like this one all that much probably because I was expecting something more like Open Season which was h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!!!

Tammy Eastofoz wrote: "I didn't like this one all that much probably because I was expecting something more like Open Season which was h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!!!"

Open Season was definitely the better book. This one had some hawt moments tho. I'll never forget the scene where naughty Jaine is spying on naked Sam through her kitchen window. :P

Good gosh I didn't realize how much my old reviews sucked! Maybe those stupid writing classes did me some good after all!

Eastofoz I liked your review Tammy :) Yeah I remember that kitchen moment --that was a good one ;)