Heather C's Reviews > Darker After Midnight

Darker After Midnight by Lara Adrian

Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: cloud, enemies-to-lovers, psychic-abilities, paranormal-romance, ebook, series, vampire
Read from January 24 to 28, 2012

I loved it! It was a perfect way to wrap up an amazing series...or shall I say story-arc?? I've been waiting for years for Chase to finally get his HEA and it was perfect. Tavia was so perfect for him, and even more kick-ass than any of the other Breedmates(view spoiler) And the sex was really hot! I just wish there would have been a little more romance between them at the end.  The ending seemed rushed and everything was tied up nicely in a bright red bow.  (view spoiler)

This one was really dark IMO.  I guess it was pretty much like all the others in the series, but I think I only laughed like once or twice.  I was really into the plot so I wasn't bothered by all the darkness.  I'm glad to finally get more insight int what is really going on with Jenna...and I'm glad Dragos finially got his in the end.

I loved that all the other couples played a role in this storyline.  Espicially loved seeing a lot of Lucan and Gabrielle.  I can't wait for the spin-off series.  (view spoiler)

4.5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darker After Midnight.

01/24/2012
2.0% "Chase!!"
01/26/2012
24.0% "Omgomgomg!!!"

Norma Great review. I did see on Lara Adrian's FB that the series is not over. I'm excited to see where the new arc will take us. I love this series and this was easily the best.

Heather C I agree. This is one of my favorite series. I love how all the women kick ass and aren't portrayed as weak and incompetent

Norma That's probably one of my fav things too. They are strong and tough, yet feminine and undeniably women. Few authors pull that off well. I hate weak women--in fiction and in life! LOL