Laura's Reviews > The Making of a Gentleman

The Making of a Gentleman by Shana Galen

Oct 14, 10

Read from October 11 to 14, 2010

The Making of a Gentleman is the second novel in Sons of the Revolution Regency Romance Trilogy that started with The Making of a Duchess. At the end of The Making of a Duchess, Julian had rescued his brother Armand from a prison in France. After 12 years of solitary confinement, Armand is finding it hard to adjust to life in polite society. His family has been unable to get him to speak again and decides to hire a tutor to help him, Felicity Bennett.

Felicity believes she is going to tutor a young boy and is surprised to find a handsome, intense young man instead. Felicity’s father, a poor parson, has recently died leaving her penniless, and even worse, betrothed to a scoundrel. Even though Felicity is surprised by her charge, she takes the job in order to pay off her fiancé and end her betrothal.

Through the power of her music and their mutual attraction, Felicity is able to finally get Armand to open up and begin to speak again. Unfortunately there are still secrets from Armand’s past and evil men willing to do anything to obtain those secrets. Together with Felicity’s scoundrel of a fiancé, Armand and Felicity face almost insurmountable obstacles and danger. Will they be able to surmount them to live happily ever after?

I enjoyed this romance and it was a great follow-up to The Making of the Duchess. Felicity and Armand had fantastic chemistry and it was a joy to read of their adventures together. I loved the time period that the novel was set in (regency England during the Napoleonic War with France), and I was very excited to read their discovery that their third brother is “Captain Cutlass.” I look forward to learning more about him in the third book of this trilogy.

If you are looking for a romance with great chemistry and adventure, I highly recommend The Making of a Gentleman.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Making of a Gentleman.