Alycia's Reviews > For My Lady's Heart

For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale

Jun 28, 2011

bookshelves: author-laura-kinsale, historical-romance, medieval
Read from June 18 to 28, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For My Lady's Heart.

06/18/2011 page 2
0.0% "Just got this one in the mail, yippee! :)"
06/19/2011 page 68
14.0% " Photobucket" 7 comments
06/21/2011 page 200
42.0% " Photobucket"
06/26/2011 page 285
59.0% "This book is well written but the pacing is so slow. It has picked up with the first glimpse of romance, but this one is taking me linger than usual to read." 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Well? Any good?

message 2: by Alycia (new) - added it

Alycia Sandi wrote: "Well? Any good?"

I only suggest reading it if you already have it and are a Kinsale fan. I couldn't finish it. The pacing was so slow and I didn't like the heroine. She could best be described as an ice princess. She was cold and callous throughout the whole book. The pace picked up only slightly when the H/h started to show affection for each other, but I didn't believe it. There was no building, it just happened. I also liked the idea of the dialog being in middle English, however when reading it I didn't enjoy it. I think the flow would have been better had it not been written that way. I appreciate the integrity Kinsale wanted to give the story, but it was hard to follow, I had to pay attention and have no distractions. It took a lot longer to get through it than it normally would take me. In the end, I couldn't finish it. I think on a whim I will finish it because I have book 2, Shadowheart. I am more determined to finish this book than any other book. I usually abandon them earlier, but I so wanted to like this book and want to read Kinsale's entire back list.

message 3: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jun 28, 2011 04:35PM) (new) - added it

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* I do own it but III move it down the list & give it a go another time. Isnt that always the way..great covers..story not so good? :(

message 4: by Alycia (new) - added it

Alycia Sandi wrote: "I do own it but III move it down the list & give it a go another time. Isnt that always the way..great covers..story not so good? :("

Yes, I hate when that happens! I am drawn to pretty covers. I like your cover of this one better than mine.