Lea's Audiobooks Hensley's Reviews > Envy

Envy by Sandra Brown

Oct 18, 13

Read from October 12 to 18, 2013

10/13 - just relistened to this, my fave romantic suspense. I enjoyed it just as much, if not more, than the first two times.

Unabridged audiobook version - my review from AAR's Speaking of Audiobooks column:
Narrated by Victor Slezak
Envy is part of my Unofficial 2010 Listening Challenge. I haven’t been a fan of romantic suspense in the past and Envy changed that – completely. Sandra Brown has to be one of the more refined voices for sophisticated suspense combined with romance. I wasn’t bored for a moment as I listened to Victor Slezak’s superb narration – he simply entrances the listener. The characters voices are clearly distinguished one from another including several male characters with Southern accents. The intriguing storyline centers on two old friends, now enemies, and the woman connected to both who is unknowingly being used as a pawn. I found myself totally caught up in the action as well as the romance and experienced such a sense of loss at its completion that I immediately started listening all over again. A definite A+.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Envy.

10/12/2013 marked as: currently-reading
10/18/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue My Favorite Sandra Brown & Victor Slezak title, not much to improve on there.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley We agree totally on that.

Susan Victor Slezak's narration is delicious, isn't it? This book and "Lethal," which he also narrates, have spoiled me for anybody else performing a Sandra Brown audiobook. Slezak brings her rough-edged badass heroes vividly to life, and he's one of the few male narrators who can voice female characters without sounding like he's in drag. LOVE!

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley Susan wrote: "Victor Slezak's narration is delicious, isn't it? This book and "Lethal," which he also narrates, have spoiled me for anybody else performing a Sandra Brown audiobook. Slezak brings her rough-edged..."

Oh yeah! I've been disappointed that he hasn't narrated her last two releases but his narrations of her books are definitely on my relisten list. I think it's time to relisten to Play Dirty - I haven't done so yet. No Envy but still terrific.