Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Dark Desires After Dusk

Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, pnr, author-kresley-cole, drinks-on-me, my-hottie-harem, books-i-go-rabid-over, keep-a-spare-pair-of-knickers, angels-and-demons, the-hymen-club, ebooks, favorites
Recommended for: paranormal romance fans, fans of virgin heroines
Read from December 01, 2010 to September 04, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I devoured Dark Desires After Dusk too quickly and now I’m regretting it. Cadeon Woede, the darker and impulsive half the Woede Brothers, is a rage demon. And he’s got the cockiness and the swagger that comes along with it!

I have to admit, Cade can be a cocky bastard when he wants to be but there’s also that softer side to him as well. This side comes out more often around Holly Ashwin, the obsessive-compulsive mathematician. Holly is adorable with her intense need for everything to be grouped in threes and cleanliness. Since Psychology is my field of study, I can’t help but feel bad for Holly. This girl has so many compulsions, it’s crazy! Usually, a person with OCD has one compulsive behaviour that takes over their life, but Holly has three!

How did I not know this before? It seems that Cole has found a way to cure OCD. Apparently we Psychology majors are too snobby to realize that the cure is simple: Take a demon with sexy and lickable rock-hard horns as your mate!

Plus, Cade does such an amazing job caring for Holly. He readjusts his actions to make her feel more comfortable. What a gentleman!

We find out that Miss Prim and Proper Holly is more than just a math genius, but she’s also the Vessel that is required to get the sword that Cade needs. The sword is the only of its kind that can kill Omort and once his head is separated from his body, Cade can regain his little kingdom Rothkalina back for his brother. So all Cade has to do is trade Holly to the wicked sorcerer for the sword. But of course things are not as simple as that because Holly is Cade’s female! Surprise, Surprise! So now the question stands: What does Cade want more?

The chemistry between the two is great, even though they couldn’t be more different from one another. Holly is a sweet little virgin who just happens to be half Fury and Valkyrie and Cade is a foul-mouthed bad boy who must control his baser needs. Reading about their bickering is downright entertaining and I can’t help but smile at the sexual tension. Damn, that horn job scene with Desh was hilarious!

In the end, I forgave Cade for his actions because he’s such a sweet guy. I will admit, I thought the end closed a little too quickly but maybe that was because I wanted to read more about them.

And of course, Nix and Regin make an appearance that is almost enough to steal the spotlight from the couple. They are damn freaking hilarious and I love them for it! I really can’t wait to read either of their books!

Favourite Quote:
Regin slapped her knees. “Oh, my gods, look at him running like his life depended on catching us.” She slid open the door. “Is this straight outta Platoon, or what? Willem!” she cried, holding out one hand. “Run, Willem!” Then she choked on her own laughter.
Pg. 345.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Desires After Dusk.

12/01/2010 page 67
18.0% ""You...you just touched yourself." "I'm a demon. I'm not exactly shy about things like this."" 73 comments
12/02/2010 page 165
45.0% "Cade hauled her over his shoulder. "Party's over, pet." The others eyed him as if he was crazy for manhandling a Valkyrie, yet instead of growing furious, Holly blew her entourage loud kisses with both hands all the way out. "Mwah! Text me, Desh!" LMAO! I think I like drunken Valkyrie!" 79 comments

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Awesome review, Annie! You make me want to reread this!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Danielle! This was another great one by Kresley Cole!

Yz the Whyz What, Danielle? You haven't read Cadeon yet?

Shame on you. : )

Yz the Whyz Great review, Annie!

Cadeon is my favorite IAD hero. Love those 'lickable horns'.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Yz! I love Cade too! He's so hilarious! And yes, his horns. How could I ever resist myself?

I'm pretty sure Danielle has read it. I just read her review! LOL!

Yz the Whyz Annie wrote: "Thanks Yz! I love Cade too! He's so hilarious! And yes, his horns. How could I ever resist myself?

I'm pretty sure Danielle has read it. I just read her review! LOL!"

: )

I'm pretty sure she has. : )

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I meant, reread. Sorry for the confusion. I've read all but the last three IAD books.

Yz the Whyz Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I meant, reread. Sorry for the confusion. I've read all but the last three IAD books."

Was just teasing you. *grins*

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Yeah, I know am very unapologetically a big fan of this series. :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) This has become my fave pnr after BDB!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) They're both really good. IAD has beat out Demonica for me. And I LOOOOOOOVED that series too.

message 13: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Great review, Annie! Cade is so adorable and I love the horn job with Desh! LOL.

How about that sexy car scene with Cade and Holly, though, eh?! Right on the roof of Ryd's fancy car! LOL!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Leah! I love Cade too. I'm reading Ryd's book right now and so far, I think I'm liking Cade a bit better.

OoHHh! Yes that sexy car scene was awesome! Loved it! Ryd would have been so pissed to hear abt that! :P

LethalLovely~This City's Made Us Crazy & We Must Get Out ROFL! Fantastic review, Annie! You brought back all the warm fuzzies I had reading this novel. If I didn't already have alot of books to read this month-including rereads of Archangel's Kiss & Dreamfever for upcoming releases-I'd be tempted to spend ALOT of quality time with my favorite hero. *sigh* Thanks for allowing me to live vicariously through your review.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Lethal! I LOVED this book! I devoured it and now I kind of wished I took my time with it! Cade's my man!

I love the Guild Hunter series!! I cannot wait for Archangel's Concort and Dimitri's book!! I haven't read Dreamfever yet because of the crazy ending of Faefever. I'm still upset about it. When I get over it, I'll read it!

message 17: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LMAO! I know! Is it bad that the first thing I always think during the car scene is, "OMG, right on the hood of Ryd's car! He would be pissed!" and THEN I get into the scene?! LMAO!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! That came to mind AFTER I read it. Yeah, got a little sex obsessed there. :P

The first thing I thought was, "I hope no one drives by!"

message 19: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LMAO. It's okay to get sex obsessed. I do all the time when I'm reading the scenes, LOL.

That was what I thought of when I finished reading the scene, "Whew! I'm glad no one drove by! That would have put quite the damper on the mood!" LMAO

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL Glad I'm not alone :P

Exctly. But if I was driving by, I'd stop and be like, "What's the problem guys? Keep the show goin!I'm not even here!"

message 21: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LOL, of course not, darlin'!

LMAO. Precisely! I would stop and be like, "Hey, guys, don't stop! I've never been into voyeurism before but I am CERTAINLY willing to make an exception for Cadeon Woede!" LMAO!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO EXACTLY! Anything for Cade!

message 23: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah PRECISELY! He is worthy of anything! LMAO

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) You make me wanna read his book AGAIN!

message 25: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LMAO! Then reread it!

message 26: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine Great review! Oh Lord, I loved that scene with Regin. Hilarious!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Catherine! Wasn't that hilarious?! Ah God, I laughed so hard. Regin is great!!

message 29: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Next year! *gasp!* You are going to wait until next year to reread it? LOL. That's cool since I'll be rereading it next year too.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Well, it is December Leah. LOL. I only have Malkom's book to read left.

I'll reread with you!!

message 31: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LOL, yes, I realize that, Annie *rolls eyes* Ooooh! Malkom!

Yay! I think I'll be reading it in January. But I'm not sure yet.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! Last night I kept his book next to my bed. Dream happy dreams, Annie.

Same. We all wanted to do a group read for Night HUntress but then we also wanted to do one for BDB also. I dont know what we're doing now...

message 33: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LOL! You silly girl!

I won't be doing hte BDB reread. I'll talk about it with you guys but I just reread the books a few months ago. I have loads of other stuff I have to catch up on.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yess, now that I think about it...I MIGHT be doing it. There's a lot of books and I still have to read Kresley Cole's If you...series. :( But I'll miss my Brothers.

message 35: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Yes, I miss the Brothers, too, but with the frequent bouts of sexual activity we all partake in, I think we'll be okay seeing them in that capacity. LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! We can always just go back and reread the sex scenes if you really miss them :P

message 37: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LOL! True! I'd be all for rereading that sexy scene with Jane and Vishous in the bathroom! LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) OH YEAH ME TOO! I liked that scene!

message 39: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah That's probably my favorite sex scene of the whole series, LOL. And they don't even technically have sex! LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I have a few faves from that series. I think my fave is between Wrath and Beth in the letter opener one, even though its technically not in the books. THAT WAS HOT.

message 41: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Oh yeah! That one was SEXY! LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) All of V's are great! And Rhage too!

message 43: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah V's are really sexy and I love Z's too. Mhmm, Zsadist...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I like Butch because he talks dirty. :D

message 45: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Oh, I love Butch! I just don't like Marissa.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I felt bad for her. She was okay.

But Butch...ohhh mannnnnnnnn. Sexy, sexy.

message 47: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Nah, I just didn't like her period. She is my least favorite female of the series.

BEYOND SEXY.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) My least fave is Jane. Dunno why. Meh.

message 49: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Jane is my favorite! LOL.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah I knoww! I'm betting there's a lot more of her in LU.

« previous 1 3