Erica - Bonner Springs Library's Reviews > The Carrie Diaries

F 50x66
Oct 11, 10

bookshelves: 2010, ya, guilty-pleasure
Read in July, 2010

3 1/2 stars. A totally guilty pleasure book for me. Fans of Sex & the City will enjoy this book.

The Carrie Diaries follows Carrie Bradshaw during her senior year of high school. She's exploring her path as a writer and a column in the high school paper helps her land her ultimate dream summer.

There is, of course, a boyfriend who gives her fits and causes her to constantly question herself as so many girls that age do. And there are her friends. The friends that have been friends for a long time until one of them does something completely unforgivable.

It was nice to find out where Carrie came from and learn about her family but I wanted more about her relationship with her father and her sisters. One of her sisters does get herself into some trouble.

I'm sure someone will object to the drinking and smoking in this book. It takes place in 1982 and 1983 when drinking was still legal for 18 year olds.

Candace Bushnell definitely left this open for a sequel and I'll definitely read one if it comes out.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Carrie Diaries.